Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back from Jozi




It was a week in Johannesburg, and probably the best one(that is best week in Jozi) I've had yet. What did I do? Spent the first 3 days following up graduates from our ministry that I have discipled over the past 7 years. Refreshing, fun, and a wake-up call to the hardships and loneliness that meets some of these guys when separated from all of the friends, mentors and fellowship that they got used to at university in Durban with us. It's given me some insight into what to do to help prepare the current students we have the privilege to be discipling. After the time with Claude-Sandton, Tshepo-in Sun City, and S'pho -Dr. in Soweto(photo's in that order) I spent a morning judging coffee (ask me if you care:). Following this I was in workshops with fellow South African, Malawian, and Kenyan Navigators alongside a group of Navigators from Colorado Springs as we were trained, had great dialogue and dug into the Bible to learn how to best fund and develop partners from Africa for the advancement of the Gospel in Africa! Rewarding, fun and intense. Worth it? Completely. Glad to be back in Durban with Kristy and Myles? Absolutely!

No comments: