Thursday, November 19, 2009

If you know Ben...


If you know me (Ben) then you know that I love good coffee... ok you can call it a pretentious desire to find and make only the best I can source:) So now if you know anything about speciality coffee you know that authentic Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica is some of the most sought after and rare in the world. All that to share my excitement with you about a friend of mine who is a coffee farmer and roaster here in South Africa who just bought a 15 kg Barrel of it to roast. Barrel cost $1,500. If I can have just one cup I think that I'll be happy for life... until I find someone who has that St. Helana coffee...

Moral of this blog comes from what Kristy and I have been reading together. Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 Go, Eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine [or coffee?] with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do.... Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love....
Solomon talks a lot about the meaningless days of our life, yet reminds us that what we do, who we are, the job we do, and what we even drink are a gift from God and should be enjoyed! I will be enjoying what I drink for at least a cup or two!

4 comments:

Shelli Daniels said...

Yes! There's so much beauty in those little things. I hope your neighbor lets you enjoy that Blue Mountain coffee frequently! Praying for you and Kristi this Thanksgiving season, way to be thankful for the good stuff!

Shelli

Grandbaba said...

Save some for grandbaba

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful to God for your loving hearts and your beautiful and growing family. May He continue to bless you with every good thing.
--Andrea

Ben and Kristy Carlson said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! good to know that we are being prayed for and that you are reading the blog!