Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What they like in South Africa

Some people this may not appeal to, but in South Africa one of the favorite treats is biltong.  Biltong is essentially meat hung to dry out after they soaked it in vinegar (i think) for a bit.  Not sure about the vinegar bit, but really it's just raw, dried meat.
As I was buying Myles a cool drink one day at a little shop in our neighborhood I heard this guy asking about the "wet and fatty one."  I took note because he said that one was a lot "wetter" then the other and that it was wetter then most other shops had.
I decided that I didn't want any "Wet and Fatty."

 

2 comments:

Chris Bowman said...

Amen to that. Wet and fatty is a just a bad combo. Looking forward to seeing you both when you come back in a few weeks.

Ben and Kristy Carlson said...

Thanks Chris. what a combo. talked with a couple students about the "wet and fatty" biltong this weekend at our Nav camp. they love wet and fatty!